Saturday 11 October 2014

Quiet day in the woods

After a couple of great days I guess I was due a slow one, and that's exactly how today panned out. My recent success (in fact, pretty much all of it on Corvo in the past four years) has been in the more open areas - fields, open valleys etc. So far this trip I'd managed to avoid going deep in to any of the wooded ribeiras altogether but that changed today when Pierre dragged me in to Cancelas. Three hours working up the valley produced absolutely nothing, though in the calm and sunny weather it certainly felt promising. Later I tried the southern fringes of do Vinte and also the top half of da Ponte. Nothing. Zilch. Sod all. There were a few new birds seen by others today though.

Woods. Too much time in the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment