Wednesday 19 May 2010

Improvements

Well, at least the spring has picked up slightly. Weather's still pretty awful, though seems to be warming up at last. Hurrah! Last 10 days has seen me cruising about all over the place; down to Cornwall for a grotty House Finch last Saturday, followed by Oriental Pratincole half an hour from home in Lincs on the Sunday. Last week I had the Iberian Chiffchaff at Potteric Carr, and then the singing male Great Reed Warbler near Ilkeston. Yesterday I had shit views of the spotty Spotted Sandpiper at Stocks Reservoir, Lancashire. Lovely stuff. Not sure why I've got my twitching boots back on; presumably something to do with getting out of revision.


Oriental Pratincole - my first for 17 years


Great Reed, obscured as ever - see here for some absolutely outstanding images of it.


Confrontational Red Grouse by the Woodhead Pass


Now, where are those pesky Icterine Warblers...

No comments:

Post a Comment